The American MBA programs are one of the best MBA programs in the whole world. Students from all over the world seek admission to MBA in USA top universities and colleges. Indian students are no different. In fact, in the past few years, the number of Indian students applying for top international MBA programs in USA has increased considerably. However, unfortunately, many of the these students fail to even file their applications to these programs successfully. The biggest reason for this is ignorance. The application process for MBA in USA is very different from the procedure students need to follow while applying to MBA colleges in India or any other country.
The very first thing that the students need to understand, before they start filling in applications for MBA programs in the USA, is whether they are eligible for the course there or not.
MBA In USA Eligibility
- Educational Degree: The very first problem that an Indian student would face when applying for any of the top MBA programs in USA is that the basic education required by them, for a student to become eligible for an MBA program, is 16 years of undergraduate education. This means that even after completing B.com, B.A. or any other similar 3 year graduation course, the student would fall short by 1 year. Thus, it is only after a student has completed their M.com or any other similar post graduate course, should they think about applying to MBA institutes in the USA.
- Work Experience: Although not mandatory, but most of the MBA colleges in USA prefer that their applicants have a minimum of 2 to 3 years of work experience.
- GMAT And TOEFL: Passing these examinations and getting a decent score in them is compulsory for becoming eligible for applying to American universities for their MBA programs.
If you fulfill all of the above criteria, you are eligible to apply to any MBA college in the USA. You can now proceed to actually applying to these universities.
The application filing process would consist of the following steps:
- Select the universities to wish to apply for.
- Download the application forms for those universities by either either requesting them to send the same through email, or you can directly download the same from the university website.
- Once the form has been downloaded, you need to fill the form carefully, completely and accurately. Some of the important information you would have to share in this form include the following:
- Details of all your academic achievements along with supporting documents.
- GMAT and TOEFL scores. In case you are applying for MBA scholarships for Indian students in USA, good scores in these examinations would matter a lot.
- Details of your past work experience, including your current job details as well.
- Enclosing some good letter of recommendations from your past teachers, professors, bosses, etc. is a must.
- There is a special section where you have to write business school and personal essays. This is the most important part of an MBA application to the USA. These essays will make your application stand out in the crowd and therefore, many students seek professional help in writing these essays.
If your application gets accepted, you will be called in for an interview, and based on the result of this interview, your final admission or rejection to the American university would be decided.
The entire admission process to American MBA colleges can be quite overwhelming. There are some really good and genuine MBA admission consultants in Delhi. They provide any and all sorts of help that students seeking admission to MBA in USA may seek. From helping you select good universities, downloading and filling in of the admission forms to offering financial guidance for MBA in USA, these consultants have a solution to all the problems a student may face in the admission procedure.