A career in consulting is becoming popular day by day among MBA graduates. Why so? The job offers lot of variety, allowing an individual to work at different companies and industries, functions and locations. The exposure a career in consulting provides in terms of solving different types of business challenges helps in building a solid foundation for an entrepreneurial career. The salary a career in consulting commands in high and the growth opportunities are immense.
An MBA education from a premier university can prepare you effectively for a career in consulting. The consulting skills which you develop in your MBA education such as the skills of analysing and solving business problems, strategy building, communication and presentation skills etc. enable you to foray in this career confidently.
The MBA programs of the following B-Schools are well- equipped to prepare you for a career in consulting:
- London Business School
- Tuck School of Business
- INSEAD – Europe Campus
- Harvard Business School (HBS)
- Columbia Business School (CBS), Columbia University
- The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Duke University Fuqua School of Business
- MIT Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Emory University – Goizueta Business School
From each of these B-Schools a considerable number of candidates have made it to the top global consulting firms such as Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey, Bain and Strategy&.