Getting admission in your dream business school in USA is by no means an easy task. Apart from factors such as your scores, work experience, leadership qualities etc., the admissions committees of MBA in USA give a lot of weight age to your resume.
MBA admissions consultants in Delhi, EdElevate, believe that a well written resume is your chance to prove to the recruiters why you are the most deserving candidate.The goal is to present you well and quickly.An academic resume for MBA in USA for Indian students should reflect both their personal as well as professional dimensions.
Let us look at some basic MBA resume tips for your business school application:
- Language: One of the most important elements of resume writing is the language. It has to formal and informative. Avoid having ant tech jargon for example IT professionals should shun from using Python/ Django etc.
- Formatting:We agree that Content is the king but you cannot ignore the crucial aspect of formatting. Keep the resume neat, crisp and consistent. Use bold and Italic to highlight a feature but use it sparingly. Separate the sections wisely and avoid single line spacing.
- Length:‘The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do’ Thomas Jefferson. Ideally speaking the length of the resume should be one page long. In rare cases it can go to the next page. There is a great power in words but you should not hitch too many together. Remember it is a career highlight and not your autobiography.
- Story Telling:An MBA resume has to be crafted in such a way that it sounds like a story which is in sync with your professional goals and career aspirations. The essays and recommendations are an integral part and the resume should be well coordinated with those. Each of your bullet point should be a mini story in itself which is well woven and articulated.
- Sections and Templates : An ideal MBA resume should include 3 main sections. One which highlights your work experience, academic qualifications and your extracurricular activities. The template should be basic and straight. It is the small details such as the template and sections which can make or break your resume.
“Perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away” said Antoine de Saint Exupery.
So remember to keep your MBA resume short, impactful and effective. You should know what to keep and what to trim. Cut out the irrelevant stuff in order to maintain the quality and standard of your MBA resume.