USA has some of the world’s best colleges and universities and each year it sees hoards of students flocking its shores in pursue of a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree. There are innumerable points which are taken into account as eligibility for master’s degree in USA for international students. Most graduate and undergraduate program will require the following tests:
Following are the standardized tests for undergraduate or bachelor’s degree in USA for international students:
- Scholastic Assessment Test ( SAT)
- Test of English as a foreign language ( TOEFEL)
- American college Testing (ACT)
Following are the standardized tests for master’s degree or professional admissions in USA for international students:
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL)
- Graduate Record Examination( GRE) for liberal arts, science, maths
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)- for business schools/ study for MBA( Masters in Business administration) programs.
Your academic achievements along with the GRE/GMAT, TOEFEL TEST SCORES, SOP, LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION etc. are the usual requirements as international students admission process in colleges and universities across USA.. The idea of having these standardized tests is to provide a common measure for comparing the abilities of students who come from varied backgrounds and educational settings.
EdElevate, one of the best overseas education consultants in Delhi/NCR region, provide college admission assistance to the ones looking to study abroad. The prospect to study in the USA for Indian students after 12th is umpteen. Most US universities expect international students to have a secondary school diploma or secondary school examination results that would enable them to score admission in a college in their homeland. It is also important to include subjects like English, mathematics, natural sciences etc.
Furthermore, standardized tests are not required by every college. There are schools which do not require standardized test scores for bachelor’s degree in USA for international students .Scores of tests such as SAT and ACT are taken into considered for admission. This is great news because preparing for these tests is not easy for international students. It is very time consuming as you have to cram the study guide. Also the preparation courses are not cheap and mount up the monetary pressure especially on the international students who wish to pursue a bachelors or a master’s degree in USA.
The good news is that there are a lot of USA universities where international students can pursue Master’s Degree without taking standardized tests. Many masters and sometimes even PHD programs either no not require the GRE or allow you to waive the test by showing either a high GPA from undergrad, experience from the field or an advanced degree (masters, MD etc.).
Following is a list of some colleges which don’t require the standardized tests:
- University of Dayton( GRE optional for all engineering programs)
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- New Mexico state University for masters in Computer science
- California state University Sacramento( no GRE for civil engineering)
- MIT- Massachusetts institute of technology (electrical engineering and computer science do not require GRE scores)
- Academy of Art University ( San Francisco , CA)
- Purdue University West Lafayette, Indiana.
- Steven Institute of technology
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln to name a few.
EdElevate endeavours to help students in fulfilling their professional goals and unique purpose in life, by getting them the right college education. Our mission at EdElevate is to provide college admission assistance par excellence and ensuring that the students head towards the direction of their dreams.