If you are amongst the many millions who are chasing a foreign MBA course, it is time to brace yourself. There are various steps and procedures which are involved and since time is a crucial factor, one must start their preparation well in advance. The preparation time for study abroad varies from one country to another. While certain countries such as Australia, Dubai or Singapore might require 2 – 6 months duration for preparations, MBA in USA or UK etc. need at least a year to gear up.
As one of the most renowned MBA admission consultants, EdElevate reckons that the ideal time to apply for MBA abroad is a minimum of six months to one year. This means that if you wish to commence the course in September of 2018, you must start preparing right from September of 2017.
For a MBA in USA, the applicant needs to start preparing for the following:
- Standardized tests – GRE (General + subject), TOEFL and IELTS are a few tests that the applicants need to prepare for.
- Academic Transcripts – These include the semester wise marks cards plus the consolidated marks of the bachelor degree’s course work.
- Application Forms- Applications forms need to be filled with great care and caution. It is advised that you take professional help or guidance from study abroad consultants.
- Essays and SOP and Resume –The admissions committees are looking for certain skills and qualities in the prospective students. A brilliant and original essay or Statement of Purpose is a perfect to impress them. Apart from highlighting your achievements and accomplishments, it must reflect your intent of choosing the particular course clearly.
- Financial Documents – In order to assess the financial stature of the students, the Universities as for certain financial documents. These are usually equivalent to 1 year’s fees and living expenses.
- Visa- Visa application may be the very last step howeverit is a crucial procedure. One wrong step such as wrong information, improper documents, or incomplete application, can cost you dearly.