As a country UK is recognized for having some of the world’s most reputed and esteemed universities and colleges. Indian students have for centuries nurtured the dream of studying in UK since it come with .Getting a students visa for UK from India is the last yet the most crucial step when looking to study abroad.
Education is a pretty broad concept that surpasses the four walls of a classroom. UK gives the students an opportunity to grow academically as well as on a personal level. Once the application process is over and the students receive the admit letter of their dream college in their hands, begins the process of documentation and applying for visa to study in United Kingdom.
The UK government welcomes thousands of international students each year and they appreciate the different life experiences and diversity they bring along. Following are the UK study visa requirements :
- Documents showing your finances and qualifications
- Take an English Language Test
- Attend an interview or enroll your bio metric information
Following are the kinds of visas needed for short term courses to study in UK for Indian students:
- Short term Student Visa- This is for the ones who are above 18 years and wish to study in the UK for up to 6 months.
- Short term student ( Child) visa- This is for the ones who are 17 years or younger and wish to study in the UK for up to 6 months.
Following are the kinds of visas needed for long term courses to study in UK for Indian students :
- Tier 4 (child) student visa- This can be applied if your are between 4 to 7 years of age . If you are between 4 to 15 years old, you must be coming to the UK to be educated at an independent fee paying school.
- Tier 4 ( General ) student visa – One can apply if they are 16 or over and meet certain eligibility requirements.
English Language Tests-
The students who apply for Tier 4( General ) visa may need to take an English Language Test as a part of UK visa for graduates application process. Edelevate guides and helps the students in preparing for the test. In case you are applying for a visa to come to the UK for more than 6 months you will need to pay an additional NHS health surcharge of 150 pound per year. Many international students who study in UK take up a part time job , work placement or internship alongside their studies.
UK Student visa for Indian students is a long process and Edelevate helps the students in preparation and applying . Ideal time to apply for UK Visas for graduates is around 3 months before the start of your course. Usually you get the decision within 3 weeks from applying.
‘The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes” Benjamin Disraeli. So once you have made up your mind to pursue a degree course in UK come to Edelevate who will help you in getting a visa to study in the UK.