In a historic electoral battle, over the backdrop of numerous questions, Donald Trump shocked everyone by winning the 45th Presidential election in the United States of America. This year’s election results would no doubt affect the neighbouring and other foreign countries, with India in particular.
Both the US and India have co-existed as successful democracies, with an effort to constantly maintain a healthy relationship. Also, with USA being the land of opportunity and a dream for every student, this relationship can drastically affect students’ dream becoming a reality.
As one of the best abroad education consultants in Delhi NCR region, EdElevate has taken it upon itself to make the students aware of the current situation in USA and its impact on Indian students. As we are aware, the election of Donald Trump would have a drastic impact on the lives of Indian students in residing within and outside America in the following ways:
- Economically, Trump plans to cut down on corporate tax rates to 35%. This would lead to a spurge of establishment if businesses in the US, which would also increase the requirements of Indian employees, keeping in mind the fact, that Trump values the talent and hard work of Indians.
- Despite his questionable rules of immigration, Trump respects the US-India tie and wants to maintain it. He also claims to appreciate and respect the talent Indian students and employees have, which would mean a potential advantage for them in the US.
- Trump has been known for his favoritism towards Americans, and the stringent immigration rules, which would make it difficult for acquiring visas for Indians who would wish to study in the US.
- Keeping in mind the high unemployment rate in America, Trump aims to modify businesses and trade policies, which would redirect jobs in favour of Americans, as compared to Indian students who are applying for jobs.
- The most scandalous disadvantage would be Trump’s opinions, which are racist and communal and if highly favorable for pure white Americans.